How do I 'see' if an object has a behavior?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Tue Feb 23 11:00:46 EST 2010

This is a very simple-minded question, but I haven't used behaviors very much. While examining Scott Rossi's charming time-setting stack, I looked at the properties of one of the sliders and noticed that there was no mention of its behavior in any of the inspection categories. However, if I put

put the behavior of graphic "startslider"

into the Message Box, sure enough, I get the long ID of the button containing the behavior script.

So if I didn't know in advance that an object had a behavior, how would I know? Have I just missed something in the Property Inspector? Nothing to be seen in the User docs (but then searching it is tough).

Feeling foolish

Graham