"the files", "get URL" and Unicode File Names

Igor de Oliveira Couto igor at pixelmedia.com.au
Sun Feb 21 17:54:14 EST 2010

Dear Jim,

Thank you for the reassurance:

On 22/02/2010, at 9:36 AM, Jim Bufalini wrote:

> I "believe" RunRev is very aware of the Unicode issues and is actively
> working to resolve all of them "soon."

Revolution is a fantastic platform for cross-platform development, and I hope this core issue might be addressed soon. As international text is used throughout all apps I work on, this would simply create far too many issues - from interface design, database storage, to file manipulation. This is the kind of 'missing core feature' that makes people change frameworks - and that is a great shame, because Rev does have so much to offer in other areas.

I hear that a new version (4.5) is in the works. If this does not break any confidentiality agreements, can a beta tester tell us perhaps if any unicode issues are being addressed in this new version?

Many thanks in advance,

--
Igor de Oliveira Couto
Sydney, Australia