"the files", "get URL" and Unicode File Names

Igor de Oliveira Couto igor at pixelmedia.com.au
Sun Feb 21 17:08:09 EST 2010

On 22/02/2010, at 12:05 AM, Shao Sean wrote:

> Hopefully Rev updates these routines to use the unicode system calls (on Mac and Windows, not certain about Linux)..

I checked the bugs system, too, and there seem to be quite a few unicode-related reports - some dating back a lot longer than 2 years. It is disappointing to see, to say the least. For a product that is trying to gain marketplace on the web, lack of total support for international writing systems will be a deal-breaker for many people.

I'm even more surprised that no one has come up with a cross-platform workaround - external - that can do the job. Does that mean that every application that is made with Revolution is unable to use international characters when saving files to the local system? I was certain I had read somewhere that there were users of Rev in Japan - are they all using standard ASCII English?

Dumbfounded,

--
Igor de Oliveira Couto
Sydney, Australia