How to enter a time of day

Jeffrey Massung massung at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 12:45:30 EST 2010

You may want to take a look at Windows' task scheduler or whatever it is on the platform you are targeting. While it's possible to come up with something better and easier, I usually find that straying from UI paradigms that users are accustomed to can end up causing a lot of needless pain for the developer: annoying bug reports that aren't really bugs and feature requests to make something act "normal".

If you want something graphical, I'd make the input a selection (like a date picker) or typed in, and perhaps have an analog clock graphic that can indicate to the user potential problems.

My 2 cents.

Jeff M.