Search / replace

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 22:59:26 EST 2010

Glen,

I wasn't going to offer a 'full' script like Jim has, as the nature of
your data would effect the option taken.

You mentioned many lines of data, and a numeral followed by [ suggests
some kind of specific format. When dealing with many lines of similar
data, repeat for each line is normally considered the fastest way to
attack such a problem. If there were only one [ per line this would be
ideal and very fast. Even if there were mulitple [ per line, as Jim
has shown in his script offset() will return 0 if there are no [
found.

On the other hand if there is no format to the data, just a random
sprinkling of numerals followed by [, then Jim's offering will fit the
bill perfectly.

HTH