stack menu

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Feb 17 09:34:13 EST 2010

Peter Brigham MD wrote:

> On Feb 16, 2010, at 6:37 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> In my experience stack menus work perfectly UNLESS the height of the
>> stack being poppsed up is greater than the monitor height.
>>
>> AFAIK Rev truncates stack rendering to the largest possible size,
>> which will be within the monitor bounds.  But of course some popup
>> stacks may exceed that, so while that limit doesn't affect most
>> things it becomes an error with popup stacks.
>>
>> If your stack that's popping up properly is taller than your monitor
>> it would be good to know, so I can update the notes in my bug report.
>
> Ah. I'll try to get some time tomorrow to try it with stackheight >
> screenheight. I'll let you know.
>
> Do you know *when* Rev does the truncation?

Apparently not as I had suggested.  I just made a stack and set its
width to 4444, and it made a stack of that size without a problem while
my display is only 1680 px wide.

I think the true limit of most stacks is about 32k px.

The issue with using them as popups, however, does seem to limit them to
the screen height - reverified in both v4.0 and v4.5.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation