inconsistent font setting behaviour

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Feb 16 21:33:08 EST 2010

Recently, Nicolas Cueto wrote:

> But if you wouldn't mind explaining a bit more the following
> distinction you made:
>
>> have all text properties of each field set to empty,
>> remove any formatting from the actual text in each field,
>
> I understand how to set text properties to empty, but I am not sure
> what "removing formatting from text" means?

You can format text within a field independently of the text properties
applied to the field itself.  For example, if you set the textColor of one
character of text in a field to red, changing the textColor of the field
itself will not change the color of the red character.  Formatting text
within a field changes the htmlText of the field, which can override text
formatting applied to the field object itself.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design