stack menu

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 16 18:37:35 EST 2010

Peter Brigham MD wrote:

> OK, now this is weird. All of a sudden, my stack menu is scrolling
> automatically when I move the mouse down to the bottom. And if the
> menu is short and I move the stack way down, the menu pops up above
> the button to display fully instead of trying to appear below the
> button where it would be cut off by the lower edge of the screen --
> ie, it's working the way a menu is supposed to. As though suddenly
> something in the Rev engine decided to start using the proper system
> calls. Whatever the reason, I'm very happy, as I need no tweaking at
> all. I only worry about this behavior coming and going in the future.

In my experience stack menus work perfectly UNLESS the height of the
stack being poppsed up is greater than the monitor height.

AFAIK Rev truncates stack rendering to the largest possible size, which
will be within the monitor bounds.  But of course some popup stacks may
exceed that, so while that limit doesn't affect most things it becomes
an error with popup stacks.

If your stack that's popping up properly is taller than your monitor it
would be good to know, so I can update the notes in my bug report.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World