socket error 54?

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Tue Feb 16 18:18:18 EST 2010

Alex Tweedly wrote:

> > What is error 54?
> Error 54, sometimes known as 10054 or sometimes as 20054 is a hard one
> to deal with. It means: Connection reset. (i.e. by the other guy) -

When I first saw the post by Richard, I wondered, because I have seen and
trap for errors like 10053 (connection to server dropped) and 10061 (no
server available on this port), etc. in my *ON socketError pSocket, pError*
handler. But, I had not seen an error of just 53 or 54 or... (or at least I
didn't think I had).

Alex, Any way of knowing if an error is going to be reported as 10054, 20054
or just 54? What generates this socket error number? Rev? The platform? The
server? It makes a difference to my switch statement. ;-)

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini