Stack open?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Feb 16 14:32:23 EST 2010

Jim Bufalini wrote:

> If the file name is "Test" (regardless of if the extension is .rev, .xx, or
> no extension) and it is a stack with a name of "Test2" it will still resolve
> to true. But, if the file name is "Test2" and the stack name is "Test", it
> will resolve to false. And, as you say, only if the file is in the
> defaultFolder. There is something "wrong" with this. ;-)

If you check for "is a stack", Rev will check the stack name (and I
think it also opens it, like it does stacks in use, but don't quote me
on that.) If you check for "is a file", Rev will only check the file
name and the stack is not opened.

Now, why checking "is a stack" is giving you true with only the file
name matching seems odd at first. But it may have to do with a change
that took place some years ago, when it became possible to refer to a
stack in scripts interchangeably by either its stack name or its file
name. So the engine must be checking both and returning true if there is
a match in either place.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com