OT: Experiences with MS certification?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Feb 15 09:17:27 EST 2010

Hello,

I always hesitated and feared about the hassle with applying for a
certificate at MS, because I could never find out, what happens with my
Updates / updates of the Rev engine in new versions of my App.

- Do you know, if you need for every update of your app a new certificate or
is this a one time only procedure?

- And is this certification worth at all the full procedure against letting
raise the user the priviliges to admin after request?

- Actually only my setup needs such a certificate and not my App, because
only when starting my setup the user is asked for the priviliges by the UAC
and never when starting my App. Is this correct?

Thanks for any experiences

Tiemo