making a thumbnail from a snapshot

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sun Feb 14 16:09:30 EST 2010

Hi Peter.

I use this function to create thumbnails:

function rescale theImgWidth,theImgHeight,theCdWidth,theCdHeight
   -- determine longest side and rescale
   if theCdWidth/theImgWidth < theCdHeight/theImgHeight then
     put theCdWidth / theImgWidth into myRatio
   else
     put theCdHeight / theImgHeight into myRatio
   end if
   put theImgWidth * myRatio into myNewWidth
   put theImgHeight * myRatio into myNewHeight
   return myNewWidth,myNewHeight
end rescale

Usually, I have a background object, e.g. a rectangular graphic, in
which I want to fit a picture. I'd do this as follows.

lock screen
clone picture "Original"
set the name of it to "Thumb"
put rescale(the width of img "Thumb",the height of img "Thumb",the
width of grc "Back",the height of grc "Back") into myNewDimensions
set the width of img "Thumb" to item 1 of myNewDimensions
set the height of img "Thumb" to item 2 of myNewDimensions
set the loc of img "Thumb" to the loc of grc "Back"
unlock screen

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com

Economy-x-Talk is always looking for new projects.

Op 14 feb 2010, om 00:03 heeft Peter Brigham MD het volgende geschreven: