revXML... issue

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Feb 14 13:10:10 EST 2010

> For example:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <test>This is Џ a test</test>
>
> The above tree - upon being parsed - will convert Џ into 2 bytes instead
> of leaving it encoded. The result is a blob of text that's composed of both
> single-byte characters and double-byte characters. This is no good.
>
> So, is there a way to get the XML parser in Rev to not touch the data in the
> tags and let me do it? Or better yet, how about making revXML adhere to the
> useUnicode global, so either all the returned data is single-byte or it's all
> double-byte?

Another alternative would be to use my XML Library - it's all Rev code and
it doesn't mess with your data. It's great for small-to-medium sized XML
docs (if it's big it can really slow down though).

If you're interested, take a look:

http://www.sonsothunder.com/products/xmllib/xmllib.htm

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.