getting "maxscroll" of a group?

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 07:36:00 EST 2010

2010/2/13 Klaus on-rev <klaus at major.on-rev.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> as the subject says I am looking for a way to calculate the "maxscroll"
> (maximum h/v-scroll value) of a LocLocked group with content larger
> than the group. Know what I mean?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>

> Best
>
> Klaus

Hi Klaus,

Why not like this?

constant kBigValue = 999999999

function maxHScroll pTheGroup
   local tCurrentValue, tMaxHScroll

   lock screen
   lock messages
   put the hScroll of pTheGroup into tCurrentValue -- save the current hScroll
   set the hScroll of pTheGroup to kBigValue -- set the hScroll to an
aberant value
   put the hScroll of pTheGroup into tMaxHScroll  -- read the maxValue
   set the hScroll of pTheGroup to tCurrentValue -- revert to the current value
   unlock messages
   unlock screen

   return tMaxHScroll
end maxHScroll

function maxVScroll pTheGroup
   local tCurrentValue, tMaxVScroll

   lock screen
   lock messages
   put the vScroll of pTheGroup into tCurrentValue -- save the current vScroll
   set the vScroll of pTheGroup to kBigValue -- set the vScroll to an
aberant value
   put the vScroll of pTheGroup into tMaxVScroll  -- read the maxValue
   set the vScroll of pTheGroup to tCurrentValue -- revert to the current value
   unlock messages
   unlock screen

   return tMaxVScroll
end maxVScroll