Help message Broadcasting system

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Thu Feb 11 16:48:26 EST 2010

I'd do it like this, a script in every object that needs a help entry:

on mouseMove
 set the text of field "Yellow Help Box" to the help of me
end mouseMove

In the property inspector, go to the "custom properties" part, and click the topmost "+" sign.  in the dialog enter "help", and then enter the appropriate content into the bottommost field.

Note: if you develop cross platform apps, then you do want to use mactoiso() or isotomac() on the custom property contents. One or the other, depending on which platform() you do fill the properties.

As for the GLX framework, I only glanced at it shortly once, and thought it overly complex. like almost everything i look at these days...

Have fun
Björnke