Noob Stacks Questions

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Wed Feb 10 17:37:47 EST 2010

Andrew,

You only start using a stack when it is a 'library' like stack with commands and functions in it that you need in other stacks. From what I have heard you say, that is not what you need.

If you use one main stack and every other stack opens from that then they will be substacks or separate stacks and will be easier to save data in and access via code from other stacks.

But if you really want them as separate applications then they should not be substacks and will build separately. But then you will need to know their file path to interact with them from other stacks and as compiled apps they will not 'save' data as easily.

Globals are available from within stacks and their substacks and libraries but not from other compiled standalones.

How many (sub)stacks / applications will you end up with? What is the relationship between them? Do they need to communicate with each other? How much so? Will they need to save data while being used? Do you want one Application to launch all of the other Applications? Are they a sub part of the main application? Or separate?

Tom McGrath III
Lazy River Software
3mcgrath at comcast.net

iTunes Library Suite - libITS
Information and download can be found on this page:
http://www.lazyriversoftware.com/RevOne.html