Words Indexing strategies

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 09:56:58 EST 2010

Hi Bernard,

on Wed, 10 Feb 2010 07:20:36 +0000
Bernard Devlin wrote:
> Can I just clarify your problem?  You want to be able to search for
> phrases (partial sentences, possibly with boolean logic) inside the
> text stored in the xml nodes of the article, once the article is found
> in the index?

No, it's not a search inside the displayed article.
It's a global search, within a general index created
using all words from all articles of Wikipedia.
(I do not believe that it's necessary to load this full
index in memory, instead just open specific parts
of this index when users start searching)

For this reason, i am looking for advice to create an
index structure that allows to implement a fast search
algorithm, using multiple words (and boolean logic, if
possible), similar to Wikipedia's own search engine or
(better yet) just like google. :-)

Many thanks for your interest in this question!

Alejandro