anyone found a way around 4-5 second latency in read from process?

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 05:22:23 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 8:24 PM, Josh Mellicker <josh at dvcreators.net> wrote:
> Things are working, but there is always about a 4 - 5 second latency in the "read from process".  > Usually this doesn't matter, but in our current project it needs to be within a second or less.

In the situations where I've used "read from process" this latency
would make it a total non-starter.  I think there is something unusual
in your circumstances.

I have just been working on a small module that uses "read from
process", and the same action launched from a command line takes 5
seconds, as it does if it was run using "read from process".  So your
experience of latency is unusual.  Maybe it is something to do with
the startup time of the application you are opening as a process?  I'm
running on Vista here, but I've used "read from process" on OS X too
with no noticeable delays

I would try timing the same action using a command line script to see
if there is really a latency with "read from process".

Bernard