Not quite [OT]: News about Revolution

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Mon Feb 8 14:05:36 EST 2010

I stand corrected then, tho' I think they were the first to actually
implement it (damn, gotta get a passport just in case I need to leave the
country suddenly in the middle of the night; god only knows that I've
already been detained at internal border checkpoints because my native
white college-educated English wasn't good enough -- I'm NOT kidding).
Why am I not surprised?

Here's a funny (not) story about biometrics and security that I used to
have my students read:  Some rich dude here in the US bought a Mercedes
that used biometric data to unlock the vehicle.  Pretty smart, eh?  Yeah,
well, that just breeds smarter criminals who, in deciding to carjack that
particular vehicle, simply cut off the verification digit of the car's
owner.

Welcome to Security Theatre.

Judy