Create Alias to URL?

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Sat Feb 6 12:14:31 EST 2010

I am using Rev 4.0 on WinXP. The create alias command will work for a file
or a folder, but not a URL to an internet page. Looking at the properties
of a FILE.lnk compared to one made from a URL (saved from internet
explorer), the main difference is the middle tab. For a file it is
"Shortcut", and for a URL it is "Web Document".

If there is no built-in support (yet), what is the best way to script the
creation of a web link file. Should I just store one in a custom property
and write it out to a file when I want to create it?

-----

Roger Eller  <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com