Rev for Linux (was Re: iPadding around?)

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 18:08:06 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Brian Yennie <briany at qldlearning.com> wrote:
> One possibility for RevBrowser would be to build an alternative using WebKit (aka Chrome, Safari
> engine). That would allow for the same browser engine on all 3 platforms, instead of locking down
> projects to the lowest common denominator (i.e., IE). It would certainly support Linux as that is
> the "original" platform.

I think this is an interesting proposition.  Although my understanding
is that when Apple made their modifications to Konqueror, they
returned the changes "as one large tarball".  I think that meant that
no-one in the Linux world has re-integrated the changes.

Where Chrome sits in relation to WebKit, I'm not sure.  I don't know
if Google took Webkit and built on that.

Bernard