lockLoc OR LockSize? (but not both)

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Wed Feb 3 12:37:26 EST 2010

Is this so that one doesn't inadvertantly grab a handle and change the
size?

You can set a custom property and trap the resizecontrol message, I guess:

The "lockrect" property might be something like "82,23"

on resizecontrol
    set the width of me to item 1 of the lockRect of me
    set the height of me to item 2 of the lockrect of me
end resizecontrol

It won't actually lock the rect when dragging a handle, but at least
restores it when you stop.

I tried this with mouseMove, and sometimes it worked. But now I always get
recursion timeouts.

Craig Newman