Getting data from a secure web page

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 10:40:47 EST 2010

On 3 Feb 2010, at 15:23, Trevor DeVore wrote:

> I added support for following 302 with POST, DELETE and PUT requests in the version of libURL that comes with the GLX App Framework.

But then it isn't standards compliant. :-)

From rfc2616

"If the 302 status code is received in response to a request other than GET or HEAD, the user agent MUST NOT automatically redirect the request unless it can be confirmed by the user, since this might change the conditions under which the request was issued."

The server should really return 303 for these cases.

But I think most browsers redirect using GET on 302.

Cheers
Dave