Rev for Linux (was Re: iPadding around?)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Feb 3 10:12:51 EST 2010

Bernard Devlin wrote:

> Sorry to disagree Peter, It is not just at the generic level where
> there are problems.  I am assuming by the generic level you mean the
> way that Rev on Linux is treated like the unloved stepchild of Windows
> and OS X (developer previews meant to flush out bugs only being
> released for OS X and Windows, the lack of features like revBrowser,
> persistent bugs in things like revPrintField, etc).

At the risk of soundy all FOSSy, is the problem with the scripted
elements like revPrintField something that one of us scripters could
address?

As for RevBrowser, I'd love to see that for Linux too.  As an external,
the code is separate from the main code base and so the Linux verison
could conceivably be farmed out.

I would be willing to toss in a few bucks toward that.  Anyone else
interested in funding that development?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World