Polygonflow: clockwise or counter-clockwise?

Jeff Massung massung at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 09:47:52 EST 2010

Michael,

I assume you are talking about 2D polygons...

Just take a 3D cross product of the first two vector (P3 - P2) x (P2 - P1).
If the resultant vector is coming out of the screen (Z < 0) then the polygon
is counter-clockwise. If it is going into the screen (Z > 0) then the
polygon is clockwise.

http://chortle.ccsu.edu/VectorLessons/vch12/vch12_1.html

That page may be of help if you don't know what the cross product is. Note:
to do the 3D cross product, just use Z=0 for all the points.

HTH,

Jeff M.