Rev for Linux (was Re: iPadding around?)

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 06:42:42 EST 2010

Actually Viktoras, it might not be as much work as at first seems.

OpenSuse have now produced a system whereby one can choose to build
one's own version of Linux "in the cloud".  When all the configuration
is done, the distro can then just be downloaded and installed.

It is certainly within the realms of possibility that RunRev could
produce a linux distribution that worked and included Rev in it.

Anyone who decided to go with that distribution could then connect to
OpenSuse repositories (or even set up an OpenSuse DVD as their own
local repository) and add additional packages to their own
installation.

I believe this might still not be the solution that Linux users like Peter want.

Whether or not RunRev could use the same distro on their on-rev
servers depends on their service provider.  As I've got a hunch that
Rev is using Linode for on-rev, then I can say that I know
definitively that it is possible to run one of these OpenSuse distros
on Linode.com

Bernard