on-rev queries

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 19:01:23 EST 2010

2010/2/3 Bob Sneidar <bobs at twft.com>:
> I think I see what is going on here. The connection is being made with sqlYoga initially, but of course like every good server, on-rev drops the connection after a period of inactivity. Now normally I would execute an SQL statement through sqlYoga, but there is no function or command as yet that allows me to simply execute an SQL statement and return a result, or not that I have been able to find.
>
> So I have to get the database ID using an sqlYoga function, then use the rev IDE to query the on-rev database. Often, by that point, the connection has been dropped. I think the fix for this for now is for me to issue dbconn_connect every time I access the database. This would be automatic for queries done through sqlYoga, but as I said, I can't use that right now for raw SQL queries.
>
> One thing I should mention though that I find odd, is that the function revdb_execute() does not generate an error in a try/catch construct, even if the connection has been dropped and the command fails! Maybe someone could pick up on that and update the IDE to incorporate that.
>
> Bob

Hi Bob,

I've no experience with the on-rev server, but I suppose that it works
like another server.

1) Check your logs. Often it contains the cause of how/why you have
reach the time out.
2) If you have parameters like on an Apache server you maybe have an
equivalent to the KeepAliveTimeout directive.

--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc