on-rev queries

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Feb 2 18:16:05 EST 2010

Hi Sarah. Thanks for the reply.

Actually, when you use an admin application the very same queries that I am executing remotely are used by the admin app. There is no fundamental between difference using the web page to create and drop tables as there is making a remote connection via SSH or some other method and executing the sequel there.

It is not at all odd to create and drop tables as I see fit. As I mentioned, it DOES work at times, and at others it does not. It beachballs at times and at others it does not. This has all the earmarks of timeout issues with the on-rev server. What I am trying to find out is if there is some kind of inherent restriction with certain kinds of queries with on-rev. If so, then I will not be able to use it.

No one else is using the tables other than me. I have my site set up to only accept connections from my work's IP and my father's IP from his house in Hawaii. He doesn't even know what SQL is so that is not a problem.

Bob