iPadding around?

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 19:06:40 EST 2010

> I not only watch movies and tv on iPhone, but I read ALL of my books on
> Kindle for iPhone. Also use Barnes & Noble reader for iPhone. It's great,
> cheap, convenient. Easier to hold up an iPhone in bed and read than a
> hardback book...easier than even a paperback book. The Kindle app is very
> well done, too.

I read and watch movies on my iPhone, but a movie has to be a one
person experience. If more than one of us want to watch, it has to be
a bigger screen. Here's hoping the iPad fils that niche.

But since bandwidth is limited over here, renting movies or TV shows
via iTunes or any other download service is not viable, so I have to
rip DVDs using Handbrake and then put them on my iPhone. This works
perfectly, but it doesn't mean that I have to plan to watch a movie -
I can't just stick a DVD in the slot and play it.

I would love it if the iPad had the ability to share a DVD over
wireless as the MacBook Air does, but I think it unlikely.

Cheers,
Sarah