Missing plug-in. Again

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Dec 30 22:18:59 EST 2010

On 12/30/10 5:58 PM, DunbarX at aol.com wrote:
> Everyone is being very helpful.
>
> 1- I made a folder named "Plugins". Put it into the "documents" folder.

No, make a folder called "LiveCode" or "My LC Stuff" or "Craig's stuff"
and put *that* into Documents. The LiveCode folder will also contain two
other folders eventually (Externals and Resources) which you'll probably
need later at some point. You could create those inside of "LiveCode"
now too if you want to be prepared.

Now point preferences to "LiveCode" (or "Craig's stuff" or whatever you
named it.)

> 2- I placed my plugin stack inside. (the stack works if I open a new
> session with it; it does its thing)

Right, but Plugins has to be inside a containing folder.

You only need to set this up once, then all future releases will find
it. The advantage of naming it "LiveCode" instead of "Craig's stuff" is
that "LiveCode" is searched for in Documents by default and you don't
need to set prefs at all if you do that.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com