Missing plug-in. Again

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 30 18:38:44 EST 2010

> Message: 33
> Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 17:14:38 -0600
> From: "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
> To: How to use LiveCode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
> Subject: Re: Missing plug-in. Again
>
> On 12/30/10 4:25 PM, DunbarX at aol.com wrote:
>
>> My installer did not create a folder "Documents/LiveCode/Plugins",
>> if that
>> matters. I can certain navigate, via that preferences dialog, to
>> the folder
>> in question. Or anywhere around it.
>
> I know, they'd avoid some confusion if they created those folders for
> you. Anyway, the enclosing folder can be named anything and placed
> anywhere (but best to avoid the app folder, make it a user location.)
> But inside that you must have a folder named exactly "Plugins". And
> your
> plugins go there.
>
> If you still have a My Studio (or My Enterprise) folder inside
> Documents, put your plugin inside the Plugins folder in there and
> point
> to My Studio (or whatever.)
>
> --
>

> --

I'm pretty sure this is a no-no, but it has worked well for me.

I right-click on the Live Code application in the Application folder
and open the Package Contents/Tools/Plugins.

I do this for 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 and then just Option-Drag the plugin of
interest from Plugin folder to the other. Works like a charm.

Don't tell anybody I'm doing this. I'm sure it's naughty.

Jim