Missing plug-in. Again

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Dec 30 18:24:54 EST 2010

DunbarX-

> placed it in the "4.5.0-dp-2" folder, which was created by the installer.

Don't do that.

> My installer did not create a folder
> "Documents/LiveCode/Plugins", if that
> matters. I can certain navigate, via that preferences dialog, to the folder
> in question. Or anywhere around it.

Do that (sort of) - navigate to the "Documents/LiveCode" folder, not
the Plugins folder itself. And put your plugins there. That should
take care of things.

The installer never creates that folder for you, although quite a bit
relies on its existence. There's a long-standing bug in the QC about
it, and word from the mothership every once in a while of "we're
thinking about it".

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net