export icons..

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Dec 30 11:15:21 EST 2010

baccheschi wrote:

 > may tell me, please, if and how is it possible to export from
 > a stack to another the icons..?I am trying to rewrite an old
 > stack of HyperCard and i would use its icons..Thanksmario

HC icons are stored as resources in the legacy Mac OS resource fork.

Good news:  You can use LiveCode's built-in getResources function to
obtain a list of resources in a file, and use the getResource function
to obtain the actual image data for the icon.

Bad news:  I have no idea how to translate that bitmap data into a form
that will work well in a LiveCode image object.

Anyone here know how do to that?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World