URL(tUrl) inconsitencies in iOS Simulator

RevList RevList at CreaTECHSol.com
Tue Dec 28 21:21:21 EST 2010

I am working on an application for tracking mileage.
In my app  I determine the longitude and latitude of a site and then
calclulate the driving distance between them using the GoogleMaps API.

A snippet of the code is like this, with a populated pOrigin and
pDestination
This works 100% of the time in the IDE, but only occasionally when I
simulate the operation
If I replace the first two lines of code with
   Put fld OriginLat & comma & fld OriginLong into pOrigin
   Put fld DestinationLat & comma & fld DestinationLong into pDestination

it Never works in the simulator, but 100% of the time in the IDE.
Any ideas?  I am at a road block now

   Put "49.3447,-123.08076" into pOrigin
   Put "49.881421,-119.44365" into pDestination
   Put "http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/directions/xml?origin=" &
pOrigin & "&destination=" & pDestination & "&sensor=false" into tUrl
   PUT URL(tUrl) into tReply
   Put tReply

Stewart Lynch
CreaTECH Solutions
slynch at CreaTECHSol.com
604.484.8499
Skype:StewartLynch

There are only 10 kinds of people.  Those who understand binary and those
who don't.