iOS Interface Design

RevList RevList at CreaTECHSol.com
Mon Dec 27 02:45:05 EST 2010

I have been coding my app for the iPhone and things are going reasonably
well on the coding side now that I am running  4.5.3 (rc3)

Coding right now is not the issue, though I am sure I will run into all
sorts of issues soon as I start to add more functionality.
What I am really struggling with is how to make my controls look like
native controls.  Right now, the app looks like it was designed for
Windows 3.1 or Mac OS 6.
I know that I can start adding graphics as a background, but what about
some of the native LiveCode controls like scrolling text fields and Option
Buttons that bring up the picker?  How are people getting those controls
to look like native iOS controls.

Are there sample files for this or a white paper on best practice on how
to simulate this?
If my app was just a bunch of buttons and static text like I see on the
turorials, then not a problem, but what about the other controls?

It would be great if Rev/LiveCode could produce a few sample apps that
would focus on the UI and how to make the apps look professional.

BTW, what ever happened to the "Build an App" series that was started on
the company blog.  It has stalled on Day 3/4.

Stewart Lynch
CreaTECH Solutions
slynch at CreaTECHSol.com
604.484.8499
Skype:StewartLynch

There are only 10 kinds of people.  Those who understand binary and those
who don't.