use-livecode Digest, Vol 87, Issue 61

stgoldberg at aol.com stgoldberg at aol.com
Sun Dec 26 17:09:20 EST 2010

Scott,
You are correct that QTVRs will work on Apple computers provided that QT 7 is still installed.  However, QTVRs do not appear to work on 64 bit Windows computers, regardless of the Quicktime version that is installed.  Others (non-LiveCode users) have suggested substituting other kinds of players instead of Quicktime (Flash Panorama Player, Krpano, Pano2VR, PanSalado).  However, I don't know if any of these would be useful for presenting via a LiveCode stack or standalone.  If not, then unless Apple fixes the problem, or LiveCode finds a way around the problem, it seems that it is no longer possible to present QTVRs via (any version of) LiveCode on 64-bit Windows computers.  If anyone finds a way around this, I sure would like to know, since I've spent a lot of time creating QTVRs. Thanks, and happy holidays to all.
Steve Goldberg