One More Datagrid Problem

Peter Haworth pete at mollysrevenge.com
Thu Dec 23 14:38:38 EST 2010

Ever wished you just hadn't switched on the computer today!

One of my datagrids is displaying data in a way which looks like it's
trying to display two sets of data on top of each other, kinda hard to
describe.  Here's a scenario which might explain it better.

I can fix the problem by refreshing the datagrid from its property
inspector window and all looks fine.  I then do something in my app
which causes a different set of data with less rows to be displayed in
the datagrid.  Lets say there were 20 rows in the original data and 10
in the new data.  Rows 1-10 appear as if the old and new data is
displayed on top of each other and rows 11-20 are displayed cleanly
but from the old data.

The data is put into the datagrid by setting its dgText.  If I display
the dgText in the message box, it looks perfect with only the new data
showing.  This is only happening in this one datagrid.  I've set
breakpoints in the code that loads the data and stepped through every
line but can't see what might be causing this to happen.  The code is
in a common routine that loads data into any datagrid in my app by
executing an SQL SELECT then setting the dgText.

Pete Haworth