AW: any known LC bugs with handwriting pen input?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Dec 23 10:36:46 EST 2010

viktoras wrote:

>   I just bought new Dell Inspiron Duo netbook-tablet. Looks like "iPad
> killer" - runs "normal" operating systems (I installed both Windows 7
> and Ubuntu), has a dual-core Intel Atom 1.5 GHz CPU, capacitative
> touchscreen (iPad stylus should work too). The 3 main drawbacks - there
> is no output for a second monitor, so now I am looking for USB to HDMI
> converters, you will also need to get an external DVD drive and the 6
> cells batery lasts only about 3 hours and can not be easily replaced
> :-(. Other charactersitics - 2 GB RAM, 320 GB 700 RPM HD.
>
>   One could expect coming more devices like this in near future.

Congrats on the new gadget.

I'm so glad you got a Duo - please keep us posted with how well it runs
LiveCode. Seems like a perfect blend to have a tablet that doubles as a
laptop, esp. for a LiveCode addict like me where I tend to do a lot of
typing on even my smallest machines.

As I wrote here a couple days ago, I've been very impressed with the
Atom processor, and the form factor of the Dell Duo is as attractive as
it is versatile - it's been the talk of the town in the Ubuntu forums
for weeks.

With Ubuntu Netbook Remix 10.10's uTouch interface, the Duo seems a
hand-in-glove fit for the new OS - video and notes on uTouch here:
<http://unity.ubuntu.com/projects/utouch/>

I hope your LiveCode experience on the Duo turns out to be a great one.
  I look forward to hearing more about how it works for you.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World