Help me with my inability to see a simple solution

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Dec 21 21:44:39 EST 2010

I know I'm kind of late, but here's another way to accomplish the same thing
(it's also a bit shorter):

on mouseUp
  put "3,4,5,6,6,7,8,9,10,12,13,13,14" into tData
  put MissingAndDupes(tData) into tResult
  -- line 1 of tResult will be empty or have a list of missing numbers
  -- line 2 of tResult will be empty or have a list of duped numbers
end mouseUp

function MissingAndDupes pData
  repeat for each item tItem in pData
    add 1 to tCount[tItem]
  end repeat
  repeat with x = 1 to max(pData)
    if tCount[x] = "" then put (x & ",") after tMissing
    if tCount[x] > 1 then put (x & ",") after tDupes
  end repeat
  delete char -1 of tMissing
  delete char -1 of tDupes
  return tMissing & cr & tDupes