Issue with Twitter search

Bryan McCormick bryan at deepfoo.com
Tue Dec 21 19:18:24 EST 2010

This is probably a bit less about livecode than it is about the Twitter
API, but perhaps someone has done this already.

I want to do some fairly deep searches into the Twitter archive. To do
that requires being able to dance around the "search since" restriction
on the number of entries returned, which is currently the last 15 since
the time of your request.

Apparently you have to use the Max_id to be able to step any further
backwards than this. I can't see where this gets returned or how you
would use it to iterate. As far as I can tell, though the API docs are a
bit obtuse, this is a unique time identifier that goes down to milliseconds.

Has anyone done this before in livecode/rev/mc? Anyone familiar with the
API and its limits?

Thanks.