Stack window/screen sizes

Peter Haworth pete at mollysrevenge.com
Tue Dec 21 12:46:57 EST 2010

Thanks to all for the replies.  It sounds like I'm faced with a huge
amount of work!  Maybe I'm oversimplifying this but it sure would be
nice to able to specify by script "reduce/enlarge all the controls on
this card by x% horizontally and y% vertically".

I'm still unclear as to whether the Geometry manager can help with
this.  I've never used it but the documentation seems to indicate that
it takes effect when the user resizes a window.  Does it come into
play when the window size is changed by script?   It seems that the
geometry manager works at the individual control level so the next
question in my mind is how to deal with all the controls hidden within
datagrids which I don't have access to.

I'm considering another approach to this.  I asked a question on the
list a couple of days ago about how to get scroll bars on a stack
window and the answer was to group all the controls on the card
together and specify scroll bars for the group.  In some cases that
would result in 3 or 4 levels of group nesting which is a pain to work
with in the IDE but could be an acceptable workaround for the user.

Pete Haworth