closeField - Curious

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Sat Dec 18 23:14:16 EST 2010

ok, then riddle me this:

I have a field, but instead of putting the closeField handler in the field,
I put it in the card.  On that card I have a button that goes to another
card.  In that case, the closeField message is not passed to the card, only
if i have the closeField handler in the field.  If I do not have a button
that navigates off the card, but instead I just tab from field to field, the
closeField message is received.  So why isn't it passed up the hierarchy if
I am going to navigate off the card, but it does if I stay on the card?