Valentina db under Linux ???

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Dec 18 15:59:25 EST 2010

Lynn-

Saturday, December 18, 2010, 11:38:14 AM, you wrote:

> Thats fine - if you have an idea about how to make the process easier, we
> want to hear it. I think having a spash screen that explains the two step
> process sounds like a great idea.

Now *that's* a topic I'd probably take offline since I think it's of
less general interest.

> The two step way is a little problematic, and it would be nice if there was
> an easier way to install externals like this.

What's the big deal? You copy the library into the user's Externals
folder, restart the IDE, and you're set to go. However, the v4rev.dll
library placed there by the valentina installer (I'm not at my linux
computer right now, so I can't verify the library name there) doesn't
show up in the externalpackages, leading me to asssume it's compiled
wrong. Hard to believe this is ever gonna work.

While I'm on the subject, the externalfunctions of stack "home" shows
two (!) copies each of revdb_valentina(), revdb_valentinacursorref(),
revdb_valentinadbref(), and revdb_valentinadbreftoconnection(), even
without the valentina driver installed.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net