Valentina db under Linux ???

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sat Dec 18 02:33:51 EST 2010

On 12/18/10 5:58 AM, "Mark Wieder" <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

Hi Mark,

> So I tried this on Windows, thinking that if you can't get things
> together for linux, at least this ought to work on something more
> mainstream. Same problem - no Valentina_Init() found. And that's only
> after realizing that there's a second installer (install.rev) you have
> to run after you run the installer you download. And that fact isn't
> mentioned in the "updated" documentation rtf file that's displayed
> when you install the first time, nor is the folder "ADK_4" created,
> but "V4REV_4" instead.

Thank you for points on typos. We will check them.

I think you need read a lots of docs in Valentina WIKI

A) ROOT for V4REV

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=valentina:products:adk:v4re
v:v4rev

B) Installation -- step by step with pictures

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=valentina:products:adk:v4re
v:manual:installation

C) Databases from Zero

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=valentina:products:adk:v4re
v:howto:databases_from_zero:databases_from_zero

D) Valentina SQL

http://valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=valentina:vcomponents:vsql:refe
rence:reference

E) ADK API  in PDF and online form

F)  Valentina ENGINE descriptions and features - also in wiki

G) Valentina Articles in WIKI - to get better understanding of Valentina
features as RecID, ObjectPtr, Links, ...

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology