Valentina db under Linux ???

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Dec 17 22:58:01 EST 2010

Ruslan-

Friday, December 17, 2010, 12:58:35 AM, you wrote:

> I think better post to Valentina list
> Or even to Ivan directly. I have CC to him

Actually, I'll stay here. I'm concerned with LiveCode, not with
Valentina. I did hear from Ivan, and followed up on his suggestions
about deleting the symbolic links so that I could get to the next
error phase. Typos in the install.sh file ("vserver" instead of
"VServer"), links that didn't work until after a reboot, etc. Now I'm
at the same place Warren's at trying to run any of the example files,
with Valentina_Init() not found.

So I tried this on Windows, thinking that if you can't get things
together for linux, at least this ought to work on something more
mainstream. Same problem - no Valentina_Init() found. And that's only
after realizing that there's a second installer (install.rev) you have
to run after you run the installer you download. And that fact isn't
mentioned in the "updated" documentation rtf file that's displayed
when you install the first time, nor is the folder "ADK_4" created,
but "V4REV_4" instead.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net