[OT] creating a cross-platform flash-drive app

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Dec 16 18:05:48 EST 2010

Hi Guys - we¹re preparing to deliver a bunch of educational resources (30
odd apps and web apps developed in house over a number of years) to our
students on USB sticks. The resources will be accessed via a launcher
application (LC) that allows users to browse and search/filter the resources
based on keywords and descriptions. Some of the resources require
authentication and this is handled by the university¹s student
authentication system.

Anyway, at the moment we have a folder containing two executable ­ PC and
Mac ­ an externals folder, the revSecurity dll (required for establishing a
secure http connection to the university authentication server) and our
Œsoftware¹ folder. What I¹d like to be able to do is hide the Mac app for PC
users, hide the PC app for Mac users and hide the dll (and possibly the
externals folder) for all users and then copy all the files (maintaining the
visibility settings) to approximately 350 USB sticks.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to do this? I¹ve done
similar things on a small scale before and have had all sorts of trouble
working from my Mac so I¹m inclined to think it has to be done on a PC using
PC formatted drives??

TIA

Terry...

--
Dr Terry Judd | Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
Medical Education Unit