RevServer on OSX (Snow Leopard Server)

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Thu Dec 16 07:21:50 EST 2010

Keith,

I have this on /etc/apache2/users/soapdog.conf

<Directory "/Users/soapdog/Sites/" >
    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
    AddHandler irev-script .irev
    Action irev-script /cgi-bin/revserver
    Options Indexes MultiViews ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

This allows me to execute revserver on my users Sites folder such as
http://localhost/~soapdog/test.irev

I have this on /Library/WebServer/Documents/.htaccess

Options ExecCGI
AddHandler irev-script .irev
Action irev-script /cgi-bin/revserver

I have nothing on Apache httpd.conf and on the .htaccess of CGI-Executables
I just have ExecCGI. That is all, things run fine here. I think you are
missing ExecCGI on your /Library/WebSever/Documents options.