OT: Real competition for revlets

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Dec 15 21:50:25 EST 2010

Colin-

Wednesday, December 15, 2010, 8:52:28 AM, you wrote:

> http://www.realsoftware.com/web/

"applications are compiled to machine code" ???

The only drawbacks I can see are

1. needs FastCGI
2. doesn't support JQuery
3. no local file I/O (runs on server, not in browser)
4. Basic

but it sure beats waiting around for the rev team to get their act
together. I've had to give up on revlets as being inadequate for
projects several times now, most recently last week. I can't quite
tell from the web site how well a RealWeb app might integrate into the
DOM, but my guess is not what well. But that still puts it now worse
than revlets or Flash apps.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net