datagrid: sharing grid templates

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Dec 15 08:54:27 EST 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 6:34 PM, slylabs13 <bobs at twft.com> wrote:

>  I don't think it works that way. If you copy/paste a data grid, I think
> the
> engine will also copy/paste the associated objects. Otherwise, copy/paste
> of
> datagrids could not work at all. For instance when you create a new data
> grid, the button with the behavior script also gets created "behind the
> scenes" otherwise the data grid would be dead in the water from the git go.

If you copy and paste a data grid then only the data grid group is
copied/pasted. That group will still point to the same templates as the data
grid you copied. At this point the same templates are being used for 2
different data grids.

You can confirm this by checking the "row template" property of the data
grid after copying. The property will return the same value for the original
and the copied data grid.

Ex: put the dgProps["row template"] of group "DataGrid 1"

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems