iOS apps not getting past review due to crashing

Randy Hengst iowahengst at mac.com
Tue Dec 14 07:30:24 EST 2010

Kevin,

As I shared in my response to Brian, I also had an app rejected by Apple. I built my rejected app with the the plugin version... that, as I recall, was before 4.5.2 with the integrated iOS.

I can't yet send in another try using 4.5.2 since sound and orientation are not working properly....

No sound whatsoever in the iOS... simulator or real device.... but sound works in the IDE and a Mac build.

Orientation will not start and stay in landscape unless the device is held in that orientation when the app is opened. A landscape oriented splash screen does not display in landscape. Have you identified/confirmed those issues? Is there a time-line for a fix?

take care,
randy hengst
-----